Re: URL CSS pseudo class

I think you are mistaken; I believe his was an idea to style certain pages
with a url that matched a pattern, whereas yours is an idea to style links
which had a url which matched a pattern. It's basically the same, but one
applies styles to multiple elements if the url matches, while the other
applies styles to one element if the url matches.

And, if I'm not mistaken, you could achieve the same thing which you are
proposing by using 'a[href="url"] {style}', or at least the main part of
what you are proposing (selecting based on href). It could be possible to
select based on directory level, if you could use the '*' wildcard character
in the selector (e.g.: href="http://domain.com/*/*"), but I'm not sure if
that's implemented.