Re: [css3-background] box-shadow and border-break

On Feb 1, 2009, at 10:50 AM, Robert O'Callahan wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 6:53 PM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net
> > wrote:
> Robert O'Callahan wrote:
>
>  So you're saying that in my testcase, the shadow of the first box
> of the span should disappear, since it's to the right of that box's
> right border edge, but the shadow of the second box of the span
> should be drawn in its entirety?
>
> No, the shadow of the first box should be drawn except on the (broken)
> left side, and the shadow of the second box should be drawn except
> on the (broken) right side.
>
> Like this:
>
>          +-------
>          +-------
>            ######
>
> ---------+
>         |#
> ---------+#
> ###########
>
> You seem to have missed that the horizontal shadow offset in my
> example causes the box-shadow to not intersect the border-box.
>
> Rob

You're right. Because the right side border and padding are suppressed
(because they appears on the next line), so should all of the shadow
that extends beyond that edge, which in your example is the entire
shadow. And likewise, because that part of the shadow (the whole
thing) is missing from the first line, it should be there in the
second line. Thus, the entire shadow should appear on the second line
in this example.

Webkit and FireFox/Minefield don't do that yet.