Alan Gresley wrote:
[...]
> I can follow this reasoning and support the values of using start and
> end for floats in rtl.
>
> My question is in what way and in what instances does float (or the
> opposite edge of the float direction) behave in an overflow box? Either
> with a div with overflow values of auto or scroll or when the float
> overflows the body element.
>
>  >   Tab+Chris: Right, so you use start and end
>  >   when you need them to reverse, and left and
>  >   right when you don't.
>
> Does the overflow or scrolling behavior changes (reverses) along with
> the direction of the float for rtl when start and end is used?

Re: <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2009Nov/0336.html>

Re: <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2009Nov/0347.html>

I should have also mentioned this. How does clear: left and clear: right
work for floats values start and end for rtl.

1. For rtl, does clear: left on an element clear an element with float:
start or float end (or only float: left)? I would think the later case
(end) since the direction is reversed.

2. For rtl, does clear: right on an element clear an element with float:
end or float: start (or only float: left)? I would think the later case
(start) since the direction is reversed.

3. Rejecting the previous to questions, should the values clear: start
and clear: end also be used (or only used) to clear floated elements
with the values of start and end? This seems more logical and maybe
would keep it simple.

4. What should happen when float: inherit is used for rtl and deep in
the source an element has the attribute dir="ltr" is used? This may not
apply since there is this in the spec.

<http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-css3-flexbox-20090723/#overview>

# The ‘float’ and ‘clear’  properties do not apply to
# children of box elements, so the used value for these
# properties is ‘none’.

I'm not expecting that anyone knows the answers. I'm just posing these
question for us to ponder over.

--
Alan http://css-class.com/