On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 3:27 PM, L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org> wrote:
> Second, I don't see what this resolution says we replace
> 'color-correction' with such that we can honestly say we have two
> conformant implementations in order to exit CR.

Why would we replace it with anything?  The resolution is to drop it,
with the plan that it will be picked up in CSS Color 4 or a separate
CSS Color Correction Module.

> Third, I don't see what new information appeared since we resolved
> the opposite (add 'color-correction') at the face-to-face meeting.
> I think the group ought to make resolutions when it has gathered the
> information necessary to make an informed decision, not merely when
> there's nobody who happens to be at the current meeting that objects
> to it.  If we can make two decisions that are the opposite of each
> other less than a month apart without any new information appearing,
> I think something's wrong with the process.

It's not actually an opposite resolution.  We all still agree that
it's a valid and worthwhile addition.  However, we'd like to publish
the snapshot as CR, and we'd like to include Color, which should also
be in CR.  color-correction has enough discussion left in it before
it's expected to be properly standardized that it's worthwhile to kick
it down the line and treat it separately.

So yes, color-correction is still being added.  It's just not being
added to *this* draft of Color.