Re: Redesign Styles Hypocritical

Ian Jacobs wrote:

> I am told not many users know how to set font preferences.

I am told that many people cannot program video recorders.

However, in this case, part of the problem is that users have come to
accept that only the designers have control over web pages, and those
users that are aware (with IE, I disable author font sizes) have to
suffer from pages that completely fall to pieces when not allowed to use
the authors' sizes.  The latter more or less means that you have to
something of a techie, who is prepared to reset to defaults for problem
sites, before you can safely change these settings.  Unfortunately the
problem sites are often high profile ones.

W3C has a educational role, so should demonstrate best practice, not
simply show off the ability of CSS to match the designer's wants.

--
David Woolley