Re: Gradient syntax proposal

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 12:16 PM, Christopher Robert
Jaquez<crjaquez@gmail.com> wrote:
>> | From: Tab Atkins Jr.
>> | All right, so a vote for each.  Anyone else?
>
> I like vertical better as the default.  It seems more language neutral in a
> ltr/rtl sense.  The left side seems the "obvious" or "natural" place to
> start anything for a ltr language speaker/writer but not so much for the
> rest of the world.  On the other hand, top-down seems more universal (at
> least to me ;-).

All right, so three votes for vertical, and my vote was only slightly
in favor of horizontal based on my own authoring experience (I use
gradients a lot to make top-level headers visually pop in a long
list).  Vertical it is.

Edits have been made to the master proposal, located at
http://www.xanthir.com/:4bhipd.  I also added a line with the syntax
to the first example.

I'm not happy with how I phrased the comma thing, or with the fact
that I had to say it at all.  I think it's confusing.  I suspect that
it would be better to handle that in the grammar, but I'm not sure of
how to write it.  Ideas?