Re: [CSS21] display:run-in clarifications

On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 23:24:30 -0700, Sylvain Galineau
<sylvaing@microsoft.com> wrote:

> I like the text too but I will ask the dumb question: what is the core
> set of text cases for run-ins ? Clearly, this results in boxes becoming
> inline or block depending on the context but I'm not 100% clear on what
> problem it solves ?

Sylvain,

My main use case:

display:run-in allows for a classic use of typographic headers from the
print world while maintaining the integrity of content flow within the
document.

h2 {display: run-in; text-transform: uppercase;}

<h1>Welcome!</h1>

<h2>News of the day:</h2>

The presentation would be:

Welcome!

blah blah.

NEWS OF THE DAY: Today, Sylvain a lot of cabbage and it gave him a tummy
ache.

--
Molly E. Holzschlag
Web Evangelist, Developer Relations, Americas