Re: Talk on radial gradients

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 8:27 AM, David Perrell <davidp@hpaa.com> wrote:

> In the case of linear gradients, the repeating moz gradient example* can
> easily be reproduced with Tab's proposal by generating a corner-to-corner
> diagonal gradient 'image' and tiling it.

That only works if the angle is a multiple of 45 degrees. Anything else
gives you undesirable results.

 It's not clear to me how the moz repeating radial gradient is rendered. If
> the scale of the gradient remains constant as it repeats outwards then it
> does not strike me as useful.

I'm not sure why you say that. We render repeating radial gradients the way
SVG does. For the simple case where the inner circle is a point and the
outer circle has the same center and radius R, that means you get color of
the last color stop at at R, 2R, 3R etc.

Rob
53:5-6]