Re: Talk on radial gradients

Agreed. Repeating radial gradients may be useful.

From: Robert O'Callahan
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 7:07 AM
To: Tab Atkins Jr.
Cc: Simon Fraser ; www-style list
Subject: Re: Talk on radial gradients

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 10:15 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

  I'm just really hesitant to add an explicit ending-circle declaration,
  because it's rather complex (a full bg-position to place the center,
  then up to two radiuses to finish it out).  I think you can get the
  effects you want just by using <length> on your color-stops, and that
  this technique is probably roughly as easy as an explicit
  ending-circle declaration.  I'll change it if I have to, but I'm wary
  of it.

An ending-circle is necessary if you're going to support repeating radial gradients, which I think we should. -moz-radial-gradient supports them, and they're pretty cool.

Rob
--
"He was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all." [Isaiah 53:5-6]