Re: [CSS3] Some thoughts about functions, notation and gradient().

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 9:44 PM, Andrew
Fedoniouk<news@terrainformatica.com> wrote:
> And yet just discovered another funny inhabitant of that lists-zoo in CSS:
>
> E { background: #CCC url("metal.jpg") (100% auto) no-repeat top left }
> (spotted in [1])
>
> I am wondering what these '(' and ')' are doing there. And where this
> notation is actually defined.

Well, I can tell that they're containing the background-size.  But I
have no clue where that production's coming from.  There aren't any
parens in the syntax, and bg-size doesn't use parens normally.  Either
the official syntax or the examples is wrong.

(These appear in Examples 15, 16, and 18 in the current WD of
Backgrounds and Border Level 3.)