Re: Gradient syntax proposal

On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 2:15 PM, James Elmore<James.Elmore@cox.net> wrote:
> Hi, all;
>
> Why not place the gradient FIRST, then the positioning?
[snip]

Interesting...  I might like this.  What do others think?

> I am losing parts of this discussion, either because I do not yet have my
> head around the concepts, or because I do not have a reference for the
> actual proposal. Rather than repeat everything, could someone provide a url
> to the syntax being proposed. At least, a reference to the 'bg-position'
> would help me. Maybe I am just too lazy to look it up, but it is not clear
> to me exactly what the difficulties / complexities of the positioning system
> are.

Ah, sorry, it was in the first email to the thread.

http://www.xanthir.com/document/document.php?id=d65df9d10442ef96c2dfe5e1d7bbebf7aa42f2bcf24e68fc3777c4b484fa8a4ce55fed2189cac20ccad8686127f4c08917c4ca8b7614e9f89c2a950ec083a9c6

<bg-position> refers to the syntax used in the background-position property.