Re: Gradient syntax proposal

On Aug 15, 2009, at 7:37 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 1:17 AM, Brad Kemper<brad.kemper@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> The way I wrote it, it would be out of order (which would be
>> acceptable
>> syntax, but not matching fantasai's previous example). "blue 50%"
>> is what I
>> should have wrote for the point I was making. Sorry; I was doing a
>> lot of
>> copying and pasting of parts on my iPhone, while also trying to get
>> regular
>> work done for my job (not that successfully today). I forgot to add
>> the 2
>> values together from fantasai's example, and it was not immediately
>> obvious
>> to me why you were not understanding or what you were getting on
>> about.
>> Sorry if it distracted from the valid points I was trying to make.
>
> Heh, no problem.  It was a big distraction for me, but it's cleared up
> now, so we're cool.

OK. It actually serves to make my point. I was myself thrown off as a
direct result of 2 percentages that were based on two entirely
different lengths. That kind of thing is just asking for trouble. A
person should not have to add numbers together to know where their
color-stop is really going to end up in relation to the box. And I
really don't envision many people using calc() so that they can have
the last stop of the gradation end such a precise distance from two
sides (as though the distance to the sides in a corner-to-corner blend
is going to be so much more important than the distance to the corner).