Re: Gradient syntax proposal

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 5:16 PM, Tab Atkins Jr.<jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah, but allowing the literate form (in addition to the short "left"
> form) makes a *wonderful* parallel to the full <bg-position>
> construction, so it's easy to learn and understand.  This suggestion
> from Elika was a definite win in my mind.

After some thought, I think I'd rather make that parallel explicit.  I
want to change the second construction back to only taking a single
keyword, but then add those keywords to the possible values in the
second construction, and define what they translate to in terms of
<bg-position>.  "left", frex, would translate to "left center" as a
<bg-position>.

The syntax would then look like:

[
  <angle> [ inside | outside ]?

  <point>

  [ <bg-position> | <point> ] to [ <bg-position> | <point> ]
]

with <point> being [ left | right | top | bottom | top-left |
top-right | bottom-left | bottom-right ].

Sound good?