Re: Gradient syntax (was Re: [CSSWG] Minutes and Resolutions 2009-08-12)

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 11:21 AM, Christopher Robert Jaquez <
crjaquez@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Robert O'Callahan wrote:
>
> On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 10:21 AM, Christopher Robert Jaquez <
> crjaquez@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I like that.  And for a linear gradient, the end value could
>>

>  That would just be <angle> <color>.

> required to determine the point.  Otherwise, you have the direction but
> where do you stop?  The stop point is essentially a polar coordinate
> centered at the start point in this case.

Yes, but specifying a length here isn't very useful for authors.

A better approach would be to specify the <angle> *and* a point through
which the end line must pass, which is what we're talking about on the other
thread.

Rob
53:5-6]