Re: Gradients by angle (was Re: [CSSWG] Minutes and Resolutions 2009-08-12)

On Friday 2009-08-14 10:45 +1200, Robert O'Callahan wrote:
> Then I suggest we just require two points and allow an optional angle as
> well. Linear gradients really have "start lines" and "end lines"; we define
> the start line of the gradient as the line that passes through the start
> point which is perpendicular to the given angle, and the end line of the
> gradient is the line that passes through the end point which is
> perpendicular to the given angle. The angle defaults to the angle of the
> line from the start point to the end point.

That seems reasonable.

But I think another option would be an angle with *zero* points,
where the points are implicitly the corners of the background
positioning area, and which otherwise matches your formula.

If that meets the use cases for angle gradients than I think having
zero points would be simpler than having two.  The question is what
those use cases are, exactly.

-David