On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 5:40 PM, fantasai<fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
>  - Discussed adding gradients to css3-images. Straw poll indicates yes,
>    there is support for this in the WG. Several people sympathized with
>    Bert's argument argument against expanding the scope of CSS too much,
>    but none except Bert went so far as to object to the proposal for
>    gradients. Hyatt and roc will draft a combined proposal. fantasai
>    suggests simplifying the syntax.

Awesome.  I also sympathize with Bert's desire to leave image-y thing
to images and SVG, but agree with the others that gradients are a
highly-desired low-hanging fruit that is worthwhile to fold into CSS.
I've created/stolen a gradient creator myself that sees a lot of use
in my designs, but it's a little cumbersome to use, and I'd really
like to be able to animate the gradients.  Using % to specify my stops
has been a dream for a long time too.

>  - Discussed effect of drop-shadows on layout. No resolution, but
>    css3-background will include wording on both border-image and box-shadow
>    not affecting layout, and the CSS3 module covering overflow will need
>    to discuss in detail the differences between overflow that affects layout,
>    overflow that triggers scrolling, and overflow that does not.

Cool.

>  - Brad Kemper added as co-editor of css3-background.

Congratulations, Brad!