Bert Bos wrote:

> Did we really agree to the whole proposal? I think we talked about
> comments only. The URLs weren't seen as a problem.

Yes we did. I was chairing that call and we did. We agreed on the
proposal and the proposal includes URLs. See

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2009Jun/0164.html

If the proposal raises an issue, we'll rediscuss it and resolve it.

> I don't think the comment parsing is a problem for a modern computer
> either. If the thing you're parsing is indeed a style sheet with a
> typo, rather than a stream of random bytes whose CSS parse tree doesn't
> interest anybody anyway, then buffering the unclosed comment will maybe
> cost you a few tens of kilobytes of memory. Not something to worry
> about. (If you already don't have enough memory to store the style
> sheet as a text string, you're unlikely to have enough for its DOM...)

Arf. Streams, chunks and bit-based values...

> I (reluctantly) agreed to the change, but I think I only agreed to
> change the grammar of comments.

No. The strow poll was "do you accept the grammar change proposal?".
You replied "no but I won't block".

> That was also where some browsers we
> tested differed from the spec. Most browsers did not exhibit the same
> bug for unclosed URLs.

At least two browsers were giving exactly opposite results for test
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2009Jun/att-0164/unterm-css.html

</Daniel>