Re: Shadows vs. layout

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 3, 2009, at 1:08 PM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
wrote:

> I'm not sure about border-image outside the border area, whether
> that should
> trigger scrolling or not. I'm leaning towards leaving the standard
> behavior.
> But shadows definitely should not trigger scrolling.

I don't have the link handy, but in that write-up I did a while back
explaining how the border-images should not take up space, I think
many of the use cases and examples I gave would not work well at all
if they pushed container dimensions to the right and bottom. A central
idea was that page geometry would be the same with or without the
border-image.