Re: Tabbed Interfaces in CSS

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 12:15 PM, Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Apr 20, 2009, at 9:51 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
>
>> However, you can only have a
>> single accordion per page (to be precise, all the accordions will act
>> like one big distributed accordion) and if you try to use a hash-link
>> for anything else on the page it will close the accordion.
>>
>> In other words, it suffers from the exact same problems that I
>> outlined for my pure-CSS tabbed display.
>
> With my pure-CSS tabbed display, you could have more than one set of tabs
> per page.

Yes, but it suffers from tab display problems.  Unless you can arrange
your html to alternate tab-card-tab-card (so that a given tab and card
can both use the same radio element for :checked targeting), you can't
style the active tab differently from other tabs.  That's why I mixed
:checked and :target in my example.

~TJ