Re: Tabbed Interfaces in CSS

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 12:47 PM, Andrew Fedoniouk
<news@terrainformatica.com> wrote:
> If to speak about pure CSS solutions then tabs require "bound" concept
> that is not available in modern CSS.

I agree that to do this properly CSS needs to be extended somewhat.  I
disagree that it is at all necessary to bring in the whole framework
you suggest.  You can achieve at least basic functionality using the
:checked/<label> extensions that Brad suggests, which does not greatly
alter CSS.

I'm not yet certain that it would be sufficient for the full
functionality that I'm looking for, but it would do a lot with a
rather elegant simplicity.  Your suggestion adds enormous complexity
to CSS authoring that seems gratuitous.  Tabbed displays aren't hard,
and whatever solution we end up with, the CSS can be easy as well.

~TJ