Re: [CSS3] Flexible Flow Module, proposal.

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 1:31 PM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>wrote:

> Compare
> #A { width: 200px; box-flex: 1; }
> #B { width: 100px; box-flex: 1; }
> #A { min-width: 200px; width:1*; }
> #B { min-width: 100px; width:1*; }
> in a container of width 400px. In the box-flex case, A and B get widths
> 250px and 150px. In the width:1* case, A and B both get width 200px.

Hacking calc() to allow mixing of flex and specified widths seems
problematic to me because of the time-of-evaluation issue. An expedient way
to marry the two flex systems would be to just support box-flex *and* flex
units. 'box-flex' would be additional flex that can be added along the
container's flow axis, giving you the ability to add flex to a specified or
intrinsic dimension.

Rob
53:5-6]