Re: [css3-multicol] page-break-inside and columns

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 2:28 PM, Philip TAYLOR <P.Taylor@rhul.ac.uk> wrote:
> fantasai wrote:
>> Melinda asked me to forward bits of our conversation on splitting
>> out the properties into page-break-* and column-break-*.
>>
>> My main concern here is that /usually/, you want to set both
>> page-break-* and column-break-* to the same thing.
>
> I disagree.  Can you say on what basis you arrived at this
> conclusion, please ?

I can't answer for Elika, but it seems true to me.  If you want to
avoid a break in an element, *generally* you want to avoid it
unilaterally.

There are, of course, exceptions, which is why we're having this
conversation.  You may be okay with column breaks, or okay with breaks
across facing pages.  But these don't feel like they'll be as common a
concern.