Re: [CSS21] line-height: CSS2.1-10.8

Chris H-C wrote:

> line-height: 12px;
> font-size: 12px;
>
> Text: "      "
>
> In this font with this font size, the height of a non-breaking space's
> 'glyph' is 15px.
>
> Would this increase the line-height to be 15px with the leading being
> 3px? Or would the line-height remain 12px and just allow the glyphs to
> bleed?

I'm not clear what you are saying is wrong with the specification.  It
seems clear to me that exceeding a specified line height will always
result in either zero or negative leading (depending on to what the line
height property is applied).

Combined with the ability of users to override font sizes, this is why
you should almost never specify absolute line heights.

--
David Woolley