Re: [css3-gcpm] float: footnote

Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> For non-paged media, I'd prefer deferring this to the Generated &
> Replace Content module [1], as that's exactly what it aims to do.
> It's very clever about it, too!
>
> [1]: http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-content/
I think a fair amount of the new properties and values in CSS3-GCPM
could be moved to CSS3-Content, as they seem applicable outside of paged
media (e.g. a lot of the float stuff, hyphenation, counter styles). I
brought up float: footnote in particular since its present definition
does not make sense outside of paged media yet nothing about it prevents
it from being specified legally in non-paged media, AFAICT.

--
Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald E. Knuth