Re: Setting focus (Re: [Bulk] Re: [BECS] CSSS! - CSS script)

Bert Bos wrote:
> On Friday 09 May 2008 19:09, Andrew Fedoniouk wrote:
>
>> Bert Bos wrote:
>>  > Andrew Fedoniouk wrote:
>>  >> Speaking about functions. set-focus() for example can be useful
>>  >> for implementing <label for> functionality but for any type of
>>  >> element.
>>  >
>>  > Setting focus to some element in a Web page is a bad idea. It
>>  > means that the keyboard works differently depending on whether the
>>  > page has a focusable element or not.
>>
>> Bert, I am not sure I understand you well here.
>> In my sample I've reproduced standard functionality of <label for>.
>> It is not anyhow different from what UA already do.
>>

> In that case I misunderstood you. I'm only talking about the *initial*
> focus. Current browsers don't set the focus on opening a page and that
> should remain so.(*)

As I said before there is autofocus attribute that has been adopted(?)
by HTML5.
So any element with @autofocus will get the focus after loading. I do
not quite understand
why you think it is a problem. There are cases when autofocus will
benefit the user.

BTW: more or less full definition of CSSS! language can be found here:
http://www.terrainformatica.com/htmlayout/csss!.htm .
Demo browser application (Windows) that has CSSS! engine on board is here:
http://www.terrainformatica.com/htmlayout/HTMLayoutDemo.zip  /bin/browse.exe
CSSS! samples are located in folder /html_samples/csss!/ of the archive.

--
Andrew Fedoniouk.
http://terrainformatica.com