Re: [CSS21] Why are browser default style values different from Appendix D

Saloni Mira Rai wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I edited Alan's webpage to fix the #NAME errors.
>
> I also highlighted rows that show differences between the spec and current implementations. They are mostly around em values for margins and font-sizes. I do not know the history of why current values - in the spec and the implementations - were chosen. If anyone has any background please do share.
>
> @Stewart, I agree on the missing rules.
> - I believe a recent email from David Baron resolved the missing "tr {vertical-align: inherit}" rule. It should be added here.
> - Adding td { padding: 1px} would make sense too.
>
> Thanks,
> Saloni

Hello

Saloni, building on this table is best done in excel with formulas
turned off. This is since -webkit-center will been seen as a formula and
will be converted to #NAME?

 From Excel you copy all the cells with content and paste in Notepad.
Then you remove whitespace in Notepad and then copy that into the HTML.
This is outline here and take about 5 minutes.

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~gearyfamily/frontpage/excel-tables-in-frontpage2.htm

Using steps 7 to 19. Forget the FP steps. :-)

You have noticed the differences in the vertical margins of H1, H2, H3,
H4, H5, H6 and P elements. This is incorrect since IE7 will show
vertical margins of 19px approximately for the margin-top. How are you
testing this?

Alan