Re: [CSS21] [css3-values] px and device pixels

fantasai wrote:

> Brad Kemper wrote:

>>> That would result in thicknesses that are vastly different when
>>> printed than they are on screen (about a hundred times smaller in my
>>> case). As an author, I can't see much use for that.
>>
>> I'll rescind this last statement. I can see use for it in a print only
>> style sheet, in limited circumstances where I know what the dpi of the
>> device is. But I'd be happier if I could just specify a 1/4 pixel line
>> for a printer and have it rounded to 19 pixels on a 9600 dpi printer.
>> I'm not sure if this actually happens in all browsers or not.
>
> Fractional 'px' units are allowed. :)

Sure, why not? 'Bit' is waiting for revision by CSS people too.

 > I'm not sure whether 0.25px will show up on a 96dpi device, but it
 > should show up on a 9600 dpi printer.

Can we just declare that for @media raster 1px is always
a device pixel? For devices of other architecture 1px is 1/96 of inch.

I think that @media [queries] will allow to cover sizing for other types
of output devices, e.g. vector or printer.

--
Andrew Fedoniouk.

http://terrainformatica.com