Re: [cssom-view] add height/width to ClientRect?

On Sat, 08 Mar 2008 18:00:22 +0100, Garrett Smith <dhtmlkitchen@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 8, 2008 at 4:12 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
> wrote:
>>  Should we extend ClientRect with a height and width attribute?
>
> TextRectangle is called ClientRect now. I actually like this. It
> attempts to avoid any anomalous incomapatability issues with IE.

That's not true actually as explained in the e-mails that led to this
change.

>> They are
>> somewhat redundant as you can calculate height by bottom-top and width
>> by right-left, but having them directly available is convenient for
>> authors and very low cost for implementors.
>>
>>  Thoughts?
>
> I usually just use el.offsetHeight offsetLeft which seem to work as
> specified in the browsers.

That doesn't work for anonymous block boxes, caption boxes, and non-HTML
elements.

> Where is the test suite for ClientRect?

There's no formal test suite yet that I know of.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>