Re: [CSS21] Clarification re Default Media Type

Al Gilman wrote:

> At 2:20 PM -0500 20 12 2007, fantasai wrote:
>
>> I'm guessing that you want a clarification about "display: none" applying
>> also to non-visual displays. I've recorded that as issue 22
>
> Yes, thanks.  That is the specific problem we want fixed.

Does replacing

   This value causes an element to generate no boxes in the formatting
   structure (i.e., the element has no effect on layout). Descendant
   elements do not generate any boxes either; this behavior cannot be
   overridden by setting the 'display' property on the descendants.

with

   This value causes an element to >not appear< in the formatting structure
   (i.e., >in visual media< the element >generates no boxes and< has no
   effect on layout). Descendant elements do not generate any boxes either;
   >the element and its content are removed from the formatting structure
   entirely<. This behavior cannot be overridden by setting the 'display'
   property on the descendants.

solve the problem?

~fantasai