From: Steve Zilles [mailto:szilles@adobe.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2008 1:19 PM
To: fantasai; Paul Nelson (ATC)
Cc: www-style@w3.org
Subject: Re: [CSS21] [css3-text] Text decoration behavior

As I understand the intent of this provision within the specification of 'text-decoration', it is to insure that for an element, the same styling is applied to the whole element, whether or not it has sub-elements; whether or not it fits on one line or many. It further says that the natures of the sub-elements (a.k.a. descendants) can be considered in deciding when the styling to be applied is chosen. So, see comments inline below.