Re: WebKit now supports CSS Variables

On Jun 24, 2008, at 2:12 PM, Håkon Wium Lie wrote:

> Also sprach Maciej Stachowiak:

>> Your above situation is analogous to the following:
>>
>> style sheet 1: div.someclass { width: 30px; }
>> style sheet 2: div#someid { width: 10px; }
>> style sheet 3: div { width: 20px; }
>
> It's different because because the validity of the declarations is
> known at parse-time. Invalid declarations should be dropped, and not
> be visible in the DOM.

It's the same as far as progressive rendering is concerned. The DOM
issue is a separate question, and may affect browsers whether or not
they will render when not all stylesheets are available. I think Dave
and Daniel have explained that adequately (making the declaration go
invalid was just a mistake).

Regards,
Maciej