Fw: Box-shadow : Why not follow the standardized OpenXML specification ?

From: Francois Remy
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2008 7:19 PM
To: CSS 3 W3C Group
Subject: Box-shadow : Why not follow the standardized OpenXML specification ?

Here's the standardized OpenXML specification for Shadows.

  Inner Shadow:

  ============

  - Blur Radius

  - Direction

  - Strength

  - Color

  Outer Shadow:

  ============

  - Blur Radius

  - Direction

  - Strength

  - Color

  - Scale Factor (sX, sY)

  - Skew Factor (kX, kY)

  - Shadow Origin (oX, oY) = (0; 0)

  - Rotation Factor

It should be great if CSS, ODF and OpenXML shadow's definition are going to be similar, so we can have a good interoperability between each other.

Currently, there's no such effect in ODF, but I'm sure if CSS3 implements theses effects in a similar way as OOXML, they will do that too.

And it seems me great that all document's specification use the same system for these effects (I've not said the same syntax).

This is naturally nothing more than a proposition, but It thought it's great that you can read specifications about the same thing as you.

After that, you can disagree with these specifications, but you'll have an idea of how it's in another program.

Fremy