Re: [css3-mediaqueries] Zooming etc.

On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 23:23:20 +0200, fantasai
<fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
> Should the Media Queries spec say somewhere that display-level
> transformations like zooming and N-up printing (which can affect
> how big an "inch" is or how many "px" are in the width of the
> display surface) don't affect which media queries actually match?

I don't think we should go into this level of detail unless someone can
propose a good way of doing it. I'm also not sure it makes sense in all
cases to not let media queries have effect. If I zoom in a 1000px wide
viewport to make the effective width 500px it might very well give a
better user experience if the 500px width style sheet is applied instead.
(Opera 9.5 does this, for instance.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>