Re: Additional value for the visibility property

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 6:26 AM, Andrew Fedoniouk <news@terrainformatica.com>
wrote:

> In this case we shall define something like "rendering is undefined" for
> the case when transparent element has not in-flow children.

Making rendering "undefined" is unacceptable when there's a perfectly
reasonable alternative.

You can try to write a spec for exactly what Opera does, but you'll find
it's significantly more complicated than just creating a stacking context
for the element with 'opacity'. Which is why I would argue that Opera's
behaviour is actually *not* more natural.

Rob
53:5-6]