Re: Applying SVG properties to non-SVG content

Hi Robert,

it's great to see some work on this. Just a few questions.

On Jul 9, 2008, at 01:00 , Robert O'Callahan wrote:
> I've written up a draft specification for these features:
> http://people.mozilla.com/~roc/SVG-CSS-Effects-Draft.html

Overall the wording would probably need some tweaking but it looks
good to me. This is probably a no-brainer but have you taken into
account the way SVG backgrounds work in Opera? Presumably it does
something similar, and it would be nice to have agreement right out of
the box.

> One thing I'm not sure about is where this specification should
> live. Obviously it's right in between two working groups :-).

I'll let the W3C people answer this one, but in the past it's happened
that different WGs have undertaken joint work. So long as they have
the same patent policy and agree on a process to push the spec out, it
shouldn't be too huge a hurdle.

> Another thing I'm interested in resolving is how we should expose
> these in Gecko releases; using a vendor prefix would be more
> annoying than usual because I've created no new properties here (in
> fact, no new syntax at all).

Any downsides to a preference that's off by default?

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/