Re: Positioning pf a Line Box

On Monday 2008-06-30 17:19 -0700, Garrett Smith wrote:
> How does a line box get it's - top - value?

I'm not sure what you mean.  (In fact, I can't even parse the
sentence.)

> In firefox, the top value seems to include the parent line boxes leading.

Do you mean inline boxes rather than line boxes?  Line boxes
represent the lines of a block (not elements in the tree); inline
boxes represent elements with display:inline.

> Is there a way to calculate the position of an element and assert that
> that calculation is correct?

Are you talking about writing test cases?  In some specific
framework?

> IOW, If I have a line box B in a line box P, and B has text-align:
> top, it seems that B's top value is starting at the leading P's line
> box.

What's a "leading P"?

-David