Re: Reply-to list, not author

On Jan 26, 2008 8:45 PM, David Perrell <davidp@hpaa.com> wrote:

> Am I the only one who thinks it would make sense to put a 'Reply-to:' field
> in list message headers pointing to the list address?
>
> It is far too easy to click 'Reply' and then send to the author and not the
> list; or click 'Reply to All' and neglect to edit the 'To:' line, thus
> sending the author two copies of the reply - one via the list and one
> directly.

+1

Many old school *nix folk have procmail recipes which deal with
multiple messages, but it's unfair and unwise to assume this practice
will continue ad infinitum..

Some lists intentionally do not change reply-to in order to encourage
private discussion.  I could accept that as a goal of www-style, but
would want it stated.

:)

Cheers,

Justin Alan Ryan
Independent Interaction Architect
Volunteer, ASA SF
Bachelor Student Math / Fine Art
http://www.bitmonk.net/
* : +1-415-226-1199

"A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man"
  -Jebediah Springfield