Re: [css21] images without intrinsic properties

On Tuesday 2008-01-22 18:12 -0800, L. David Baron wrote:
> On Tuesday 2008-01-22 20:56 -0500, fantasai wrote:
> > For list-style-image, ideally I think we should set the image's height to
> > either 1em or the specified line-height,
>
> I think those are actually both too large, since the image sits on
> the baseline.  Ideally it would be the distance between the baseline
> and the top of capital letters, or something like that.  Failing
> that, maybe the ascent of the font?

Another possibility would be to use the height (and maybe even also
the width) of the glyph bounds of the '0' character (in whatever
font would be used to draw a '0' if that were the list marker).

That said, it's possible that it's better to go with the simple
solution and just stick to 1em, since this is a case that should
happen relatively rarely.

-David