Re: Re[17]: css with attribues [hardware]

On 17 Jan 2008, at 08:25, Dmitry Turin wrote:
> User gets benefit (unnecessary to keep separation in brain),

As mentioned, this is a disadvantage. The author needs to think about
everything at once, and it is harder to split up types of work better
authors.

> 1) CAS will reduce manual job
> ("multiply to quantity of population, than to quantity of
> pages on sites - and you will get real number of duplications,
> which are quite not little")

As mentioned, there doesn't appear to be any significant saving on
the amount of effort authors have to go to.

> 2) CAS allow to write groups, got as result of classification,
> and so promote structurezed thinking.

I have no idea what you mean by this.

> DD> (b) What about "realtime" UAs?
>
> It is UA, which give results to end of time,
> which user can (or want) wait.
> E.g. if UA is browers, then result is rendering,
> time is equal 1 second;
> if UA is electronic storage, then result is filling database,
> time depends of destination of this storage
> (in any case, it is much more, than 1 second).

The result is irrelevant to my point. The point is that user agents
(such as Lynx) will no longer be able to simply take the HTML
document and parse it, outputting the result as they go.

> "Append attributes from css-file to tree" is also "adding"
> (but not "change" - as you are writing).

But CSS is (currently) and optional presentation layer. So if a user
agent doesn't support CSS it doesn't matter (since information is not
lost).

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk/