Re: flowing around both sides of a float

James Elmore wrote:

> Not exactly unpredictable. Some people (a very small percentage that I
> am aware of) have !important styles which override the browser and the

Noting that most accessibility options in IE effectively introduce
!important rules, the reasons that people don't use such rules very
often are much more to do with:

- ignorance (exacerbated by browsers being designed for commercial
   author wants, not consumer needs);
- the bad design of important sites that means they can become unusable,
   if you try to override style sheets (and often if you turn them off
   entirely).

Although this is only anecdotal, my experience of talking to people is
that quite a significant proportion of web users find web pages
difficult to use for reasons that could be avoided by a combination of
proper use of HTML and  selective or complete disabling of CSS.

Since designers started using 7 x 5 fonts, I have font sizes more or
less permanently disabled, except when accessing sites that are too
broken (overlaps, normally) with the browser default font sizes.  In the
past I have had to disable colours as well, because a designer has
thought it cool to use very low colour contrasts (bt.com was once a
problem site in this respect).

--
David Woolley