Re: background-position and bidi in CSS 2.1

Daniel Glazman wrote:
> Simon Montagu wrote:
>
>> Typo fix: "left-to-right"
>
>> The first "right-to-left" should be "left-to-right".
>
> Thanks for you sharp vision Simon. As an i18n expert and a
> rtl prose writer, what do you think of the proposed changes ?

I support them :) I would support parallel changes to most other
properties that can have "left" and "right" values too, e.g.
page-break-before and -after, and text-align (which would mean that the
current rather clumsy text for the initial value "a nameless value that
acts as 'left' if 'direction' is 'ltr', 'right' if 'direction' is 'rtl'"
could just be replaced by "start"); and also for the margin, border and
padding properties where "left" and "right" are part of the property
name. (FWIW, Gecko currently supports these with a vendor prefix, e.g.
-moz-margin-start etc).