RE: no-cascade proposition

David Woolley wrote:

> I think the OP is confusing cascading and inheritance, but even then,
> the effect he wants to achieve requires disabling certain selectors and
> they need to be clear how that is done.

I think my wording is indeed a bit confusing. Rather than dig into the specifics of cascading and inheritance, I'll say that I just want a full css stop at one defined point. Nothing spills over, no matter how. In effect, render the piece of included code as if there was nothing around it. This includes ignoring statements like:

* {font-size:131%;}

As well as

h2 {margin-left:60px;}

Shifting the problem to html is an option, though it's really a styling issue related to the workings of css and html-wise there should be little interest in determining whether a piece of code is internal or external.

Greets,
Niels Matthijs