Re: no-cascade proposition

Niels Matthijs wrote:
>> or do you want to prevent document stylesheets from being applied
> within a given subtree of the document?
>
> That's what I was aiming for. To be able to stop css from being applied
> from a given point in the document tree. The theory behind it being that

This is basically the transclusion issue.

However, I would point out that for the most common web page use of
included content, syndicated material, one wants the style to match that
of the containing page, not the syndicator's style.

In those cases where that is not appropriate, it would seem to me that
the better construction is to use an HTML object element to contain the
included material.

--
David Woolley