Re: [css3-mediaqueries] feedback on device-aspect-ratio, aspect-ratio and orientation

* Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>I talked it over with Håkon today and the person responsible for
>implementing Media Queries in Opera. We feel that the 'orientation'
>feature is actually sufficient and we could do away with 'aspect-ratio'
>and 'device-aspect-ratio'. The use cases for not caring so much about
>screen size, but wanting to know something about the aspect ratio seem to
>be about orientation.
>
>Are there strong reasons for keeping the aspect ratio related features
>other than 'orientation'?

Making a style sheet for e.g. a slideshow that adapts properly to a tra-
ditional 4:3 screen versus a increasingly common 16:10 screen would then
be a bit difficult (you would have to have some elaborate conditions in-
volving min-/max-width/height). I don't think 'orientation' is granular
enough.