Re: CSS 2.1 text-align:justify issue [CSS2.1] [css3-text]

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 2:32 AM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>wrote:

> Robert O'Callahan wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 2:26 AM, Bert Bos <bert@w3.org <mailto:
>> bert@w3.org>> wrote:
>>
>>    In 16.2, replace
>>
>>       If the computed value of text-align is 'justify' while the computed
>>       value of white-space is 'pre' or 'pre-line', the actual value of
>>       text-align is set to the initial value.
>>
>>    with
>>
>>       If the computed value of 'text-align' is 'justify' and the computed
>>       value of white-space is 'pre', 'pre-line' or 'pre-wrap', then the
>>       actual value of 'text-align' is set to the initial value.
>>

>> This seems unnecessary, why not just get rid of it?
>>

> It makes a difference for

Right. So it changes behaviour, but why is that behaviour change necessary?
I see no fundamental reason why the spaces in the span should not be
stretchable.

BTW, we need testcases for this issue. Do you have any handy?

Not for this exact issue, no.

Rob
53:5-6]