Re: @media and browsers conditional statments

On Aug 10, 2008, at 10:28 PM, Alan Gresley wrote:

> The only hacks I use for Gecko, Opera or Safari are hacks to lock
> out other browsers. The only CSS bugs that I do see in Gecko, Opera
> or Safari are bugs that can not be hacked around. One test case.

Well congratulations. I am happy for you. I have found other
differences unique to Gecko that I've needed to hack around, and I've
used selector hacks to do so. Similarly, I've sometimes needed to give
separate rules to WebKit, such as when I used its "placeholder"
attribute on a text field, and wanted to simulate that in other
browsers via a background image.