Re: [css3-webfonts] Proposal-in-progress for cross site font sharing [was "Downloaded fonts should not..."]

On 18/04/2008, John Daggett <jdaggett@mozilla.com> wrote:

> Especially for mobile use, stroke-based font formats would
> be *very* interesting.

Does anyone remember FontChameleon? It was bought by Adobe and
disappeared, but seemed to have a very powerful representation of
type.

> the increased interest in non-Latin fonts within the type design world
>  While the first usage is wonderful, the latter two I think would
> end up having a much broader impact on web design internationally!

I agree; non-latin type design is a major focus of the MA Typeface
Design programme at the University of Reading, UK, for example.

--
Regards,
Dave