Re: [css21] Missing "tr{vertical-align:inherit}" in Appendix D? (default style sheet for HTML)

On Tuesday 2008-02-26 19:59 +0100, j.j. wrote:
> HTML table cells are middle aligned. (That's stupid, but...)
> Therefore Appendix D contains the following rules:
>
> thead, tbody, tfoot { vertical-align: middle }
> td, th              { vertical-align: inherit }
>
> This doesn't make much sense for me without this missing rule:
>
> tr                  { vertical-align: inherit }

Completely agree (and I think the working group just resolved to do
this).

For the record, I previously proposed this change in
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-css-wg/2003AprJun/0463.html
but it never got made.  (Unfortunately, that's a member-confidential
link.)

-David