Re: [CSSWG] action 38, CSS Variables

Daniel Glazman wrote:

> Daniel had an action item from last CSS WG face-to-face meeting about
> writing a proposal for CSS variables, an oooooold request from the web
> authors' community, and get feedback from that community.
>
> We're then very happy to submit today the following proposal and we hope
> the CSS WG will take it under its wings to make it become a standard
> implemented soon by all browsers. Feedback HIGHLY welcome.
>
>   http://disruptive-innovations.com/zoo/cssvariables/

I would prefer calling the @rule "@define" rather than "@variable", as
in Petr Stanicek's proposal
   http://pixy.cz/pixynergia/2008/what-im-missing-in-css/

And if you're going to dereference it with functional notation rather
than a punctuation character, I would prefer "val()" or "value()" rather
than "var()".

I think the suggestion to use @define does a good job of avoiding the
whole issue of variables vs constants vs macros.

~fantasai