Re: [css3-mediaqueries] Is 'resolution' in terms of device pixels or CSS pixels?

Brad Kemper wrote:

> On Apr 7, 2008, at 2:24 PM, fantasai wrote:
>
>>> Using media queries on resolution to pick font sizes is probably a
>>> bad idea, though, but it could be useful for things like deciding
>>> whether to use higher-resolution or lower-resolution (and lower
>>> bandwidth) images.
>>
>> I second that.
>
> Gee, thanks for the design advice everyone. I'm not going to argue about
> that. You roll your way; I'll roll mine.

I was referring mostly to David's other comment, actually.

I can see some cases where you might choose font sizes differently on
low-res devices, where the font size /has/ to be larger to be readable.
But I agree that in cases where the resolution is high enough that that
doesn't matter, you're better off selecting font sizes based on
information other than the screen resolution. Size of the screen, for
instance, or distance-to-viewers-eyes (billboards vs. handhelds).

~fantasai